Multicultural Painting Project
- Students learn about 3 ancient cultures(Egyptian, Aboriginal, Mexican) and their art.
- Comparisons are made between the life and art of the people with in the culture and contrasted against the other 2 cultures.
- Students are taught how to apply opaque paint, and draw a defining contour outline on the recycled natural Kraft paper.
- Students learn how to apply dry brush and sponging techniques to indicate texture.
- Students are made aware of the different paper types available. Using the appropriate paper type to create the desired effect and impact is discussed.
- Learn and know that various stylistic art concepts and materials were used in multiple cultures
- Know and contrast the traditional and ancient art of 3 distinct cultures
- Know how the life style and beliefs of the culture impacted their art
- How to create art work based on historical, and cultural references
- How to simulate various historical forms and know their influences
- How to create art work with interdisciplinary connections