Oil Pastel Project
- Students create and make stencils shapes (abstract, realistic, or geometric).
- Students apply the elements and principles of design for compositional layout.
- Students experiment with blending, overlapping, and layering techniques with oil pastels
- Learn how to blend and mix colors
- Learn how to apply oil pastels for transparent, opaque and layered effects
- Learn how to apply the elements and principles of design using oil pastels for compositional layout
- How to apply the elements and principles of design using oil pastels
- How to apply drafting and revising skills and stages for the project
MA: Arts MA: Grades 5 - 8 Visual Arts2.7 For color, use and be able to identify hues, values, intermediate shades, tints, tones, complementary, analogous, and mono-chromatic colors
Demonstrate awareness of color by painting objective studies from life and free-form abstractions that employ relative properties of color2.9 For texture, use and be able to differentiate between surface texture and the illusion of texture (visual texture)2.10 For shape, form, and pattern, use and be able to identify an expanding and increasingly sophisticated array of shapes and forms, such as organic, geometric, positive and negative, or varieties of symmetry
Create complex patterns, for example, reversed shapes and tesselation2.11 For space and composition, create unified 2D and 3D compositions that demonstrate an understanding of balance, repetition, rhythm, scale, proportion, unity, harmony, and emphasis. Create 2D compositions that give the illusion of 3D space and volume4.7 Maintain a portfolio of sketches and finished work