• Work Permits are available in the Main Office 7am-3pm.

    Students must have already secured employment and have the name and address of their employer.

    Students must bring all items:

    • School ID/Picture ID
    • Current Report Card
    • Proof of Age (birth certificate, passport, driver's license or learner's permit)
    • Report card/Attendance Report
      • Minors under 16 must also submit a school record demonstrating compliance with the qualifications set out in M.G.L. ch. 76, § 1, and regular school attendance for at least 130 days after turning thirteen. 
      • Minors 16 and older should meet the requirements for completion of sixth grade of the public schools in the town of residence.

    If the minor seeking an employment permit resides in Massachusetts, the work permit may be obtained from the district in which the minor either lives or attends school. If the minor resides outside of Massachusetts, the minor should obtain a work permit from the superintendent of schools in the city/town in Massachusetts where the minor is to be employed.

    If you are 14 through 17 years of age and have been offered employment, you MUST obtain a work permit application from the guidance office or at http://www.mass.gov/lwd/docs/dos/youth-employment/youth-application.pdf

    Your employer, physician and parents must complete the application prior to obtaining your work permit.

    Any questions, please call the Main Office at 508-384-1000.