French Honor Society/Club
Advisor: Ms. Figueiredo
President: George Elmassih
Vice-President: Jon Machado
Secretary: Ian Zimmermann
The King Philip chapter of the National French Honor Society meets on Wednesdays in room 226 from along with the King Philip French Club.
- Students must be in the 11th or 12th grade at King Philip and currently enrolled in a French class.
- Students must have maintained at least an A- average for 3 consecutive semesters (not terms) in French throughout the years of study at the high school level.
- Students must demonstrate sincere interest and enthusiasm for the French language and culture.
- Students must attend the monthly meetings of the French Club. The maximum number of meetings that one can miss in one given school year is 2. After the first missed meeting, a warning will be issued. After the second missed meeting, membership will be revoked. In case of an extenuating circumstance, the chapter advisor must be informed prior to the meeting.
- In addition to the monthly meetings, every student is expected to participate in at least 2 extra-curricular French activities per school year.
- The induction ceremony will be held on Tuesday, November 6. Students must attend the induction ceremony of candles and the rehearsal earlier that afternoon. Barring any plausible extenuating circumstances, failure to attend both will result in the student having to wait until the following year to re-apply for membership into the French National Honor Society
- The first scheduled meeting is September 26, 2018. This is a mandatory meeting for those wishing to be considered for the honor society.