English Language Arts - Mrs. Bond
Extra Help Day – Thursday
History - Mr. Holland
Extra Help Day – Tuesday
Math - Mrs. McGovern
Extra Help Day – Wednesday
Science - Mrs. Leone
Extra Help Day – Tuesday
French/Spanish - Mrs. Lusseiz de Narvaez
Extra Help Day - Tuesday
Hello from the Moose Team Teachers!
Please take a look at the following letter regarding our time of remote learning.
Need help finding information about Unified Arts for this term? All UA Google Classroom codes are listed on this doc!
Dear students, parents & guardians,
We know that you, like the rest of the world, have been inundated with new and changing information. As educators, our desire is to provide meaningful enrichment and learning opportunities to each student without creating undue stress at home.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Each teacher will communicate learning opportunities on Google Classroom.
- Want to see what’s on Classroom? Ask your student for their username and password and access the information through their account!
- Encourage students to create a schedule for completing academics, allowing time for exercise and artistic pursuits. Some options include:
- Choose 3 subjects each day to spend 30-40 minutes on, rotating subjects. If you’re interested in this type of schedule, a sample is attached at the end of this letter.
- Choose 1 subject per day to focus on, using extra time for enrichment or continuing work in other subjects.
- Work on each subject for 20-25 minutes every day.
- Questions? Please email individual teachers and check for updates on Google Classroom and/or Blackboard.
A word to our students:
We know that balancing school and home, as well as all the emotions of uncertainty and frustration, can be overwhelming. To be honest, these changes are overwhelming even for adults! But, we know that together, we will all make it through this. Please know that while we may not be near you, we are still here supporting you.
As your teachers, we want to assure you that our goal is to help you continue to learn and grow as students and individuals and to get you ready for high school next year! Obviously, some of you are sharing devices with parents or siblings or have new responsibilities at home. Remember, we understand that flexibility is important for all of us in the coming weeks.
This time at home may allow you to work on skills or explore interests in one or more subjects. Keep the following options in mind if you find that you have extra time for enrichment, once the learning goals for your subjects are met:
EXTRA PRACTICE & ENRICHMENT OPTIONS:
- ELA - Grammar/Reading Comprehension skills on IXL
- Math - Catchup Math, Khan Academy
- History - review the enrichment activities which were posted on March 19th. Continue to engage in the discussions that are being posted on Google classroom. Starting Wednesday April 8th, check Google classroom for weekly remote learning activities.
- Science- essential vocabulary and supporting material, science outdoors
- Foreign Language - Practice on DuoLingo, Rosetta Stone (I will send out information on how you can access this) or try communicating with someone in a different part of the world using the Tandem App (they are in social isolation too and would probably be happy to have someone to communicate with!)
Your teachers will be checking email regularly, as well as updating material onto Google Classroom. Reach out with any questions or concerns!We miss you and hope you’re well!
Wash your hands, stay home, and keep learning!!
Mrs. Bond, Mr. Holland, Mrs. McGovern, Mrs. Narvaez, and Mrs. Leone